SAP-Certified High Availability Software for SAP in Physical, Virtual or Cloud Environments
SIOS high availability software for SAP lets you protect SAP S/4HANA in any configuration (or combination) of physical, virtual, cloud (public, private, and hybrid) and high performance flash storage environments. SIOS software provides easy and flexible configuration, fast replication, and comprehensive monitoring and protection of the entire SAP S/4HANA environment.
Protecting SAP S/4HANA in the Cloud
SIOS LifeKeeper and SIOS DataKeeper for SAP S/4HANA provide comprehensive SAP-certified (S/4-HA-CLU 1.0; NW-HA-CLU 750) protection for your applications and data, including high availability and disaster recovery in an easy, cost-efficient solution. Learn more about our cloud offerings for SAP:
|Amazon AWS||Microsoft Azure||Google Cloud Platform|
SIOS Protection Suite for Linux and SAP
You can use SIOS LifeKeeper and SIOS DataKeeper for Linux, packaged as SIOS Protection Suite™ for Linux software to build a traditional SAN-based cluster or a SANless cluster by synchronizing local storage on the active SAP Server node (or cloud instance) with local storage on a standby node using real-time, block-level replication. Replication can operate in either synchronous or asynchronous mode. SANless clusters can be used to support high availability operations in cloud environments.
Continuous Monitoring of the Entire SAP Environment
Unlike traditional clustering software that only checks that the server is alive, SIOS LifeKeeper software monitors the health of the entire SAP or HANA environment and provides application-aware high availability to ensure maximum uptime. SIOS software verifies that SAP and/or S/4HANA is running, file shares and provides superior protection:
- Protects your entire SAP stack with high availability clustering, continuous data replication, and disaster recovery functionality
- Enables single- and multi-site clusters using existing servers and storage
- Supports both JAVA and ABAP versions of SAP servers running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, or Windows and accommodates a wide range of storage architectures.
- Intuitive, wizard-driven GUI simplifies installation, configuration, and management
- Supports physical, virtual or cloud environments and a wide range of storage architectures
- Compatible with your local SSD storage to get high performance for a fraction of the cost of traditional clusters
- Reduces data transfer costs in cloud environments
- Efficient replication engine minimizes network traffic—without hardware accelerators or compression devices
- Saves labor cost by automating data replication tasks using an intuitive management console
- AS Application Server or NFS exports are available, databases are mounted and available, and clients are able to connect.
SIOS software actively monitors: servers, operating systems, SAP Primary Application Server (PAS) Instance, ABAP SAP Central Service (ASCS) Instance, back-end databases (Oracle, DB2, MaxDB, MySQL and PostgreSQL), the SAP Central Services Instance (SCS), volumes or file systems, file shares or NFS mounts, IP and virtual IP, Enqueue and message servers,and Logical Volumes (LVM).
The following technical presentations are only available in German at this time:
DSAG: SAP HA-Interface – Umsetzung der Clusterschnittstelle mit dem SteelEye LifeKeeper
DSAG: Virtualisierte SAP-Infrastrukturen: Applikationsschutz von SAP in einer VMware-Umgebung
DSAG: Applikationsschutz virtualisierter SAP-Landschaften mit LVM-Integration
DSAG: SAP HANA Systeme hochverfügbar in der Amazon Cloud – Chancen und Risiken
Automatic or Manual Failover
In the event of a failure on the active cluster node, SIOS software moves SAP and/or S/4HANA operation to the standby node. SIOS software lets you configure standby servers that are either local or remote over a LAN or WAN. Real-time storage replication ensures immediate recovery from a local system failure and allows you to create multiple real-time copies through one-to-many replication.
SIOS LifeKeeper can also stop and restart the application both locally and on another cluster server at either the same site or at another geographic location. When the SIOS software detects a problem, it automatically initiates one of three configurable recovery actions that will maximize uptime and protection for applications and data: it may attempt a restart on the same server; switchover to a standby server; or alert a system administrator. It performs both local recovery or complete failover quickly and easily.
SAP and HANA Disaster Recovery
The SIOS software makes disaster recovery testing easy by allowing administrators to move SAP and/or S/4HANA to the DR site for testing and to move it back to the primary site when testing is done. It also lets you leave SAP in service in the primary site while completing DR testing with no impact to your production network by unlocking the target data, bringing it into service on the backup system to verify recovery.
Read a recent SAP high availability case study: Toyo Gosei Ltd. Migrates SAP Enterprise System to Azure: To Build a “System That Never Stops” With Replication.