High Availability Clustering Software for SAP and SAP HANA
SAP S/4HANA High Availability and Disaster Recovery Solutions
SAP-Certified High Availability for SAP and HANA in Physical, Virtual or Cloud Environments
SIOS LifeKeeper for Linux provides intelligent HA protection for mission-critical SAP S/4HANA environments – on-premises or in the cloud – without the need for specialized skills or the risk inherent in complex, manual scripting. Application-aware availability ensures cluster failover automatically adheres to S/4HANA best practices for fast, reliable continued operation.
System cloning capabilities enable easy deployment of SIOS clusters to protect any application using consistent, predefined settings and integrated best practices.
SIOS LifeKeeper for Linux delivers:
- Out-of-the-box high availability for SAP HANA – Meet SLAs for >99.99% availability without specialized expertise
- 5X faster configuration. Wizard-driven, highly automated configuration and management removes time-consuming, error-prone manual steps.
- No specialized knowledge of clustering or underlying application technology required
- Validation of user input ensures error-free configuration and management settings
- Application hooks provide deep monitoring of SAP S/4HANA services and performance
- CLI Cloning (Import/Export configuration) enables easy configuration, and operation of new systems with predefined settings and integrated best practices.
Continuous Monitoring of the Entire SAP Environment
Unlike traditional SAP clustering software that only checks that the server is operational, SIOS software monitors the health of the entire application environment and verifies that SAP and/or HANA is running, file shares and provides superior protection:
- Protect your entire SAP stack with high availability clustering, continuous data replication, and disaster recovery functionality
- Supports both JAVA and ABAP versions of SAP servers running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, and other Linux OS environments and accommodates a wide range of storage architectures.
- Compatible with your local SSD storage for high performance for a fraction of the cost of traditional clusters
- Efficient replication engine minimizes network traffic–without hardware accelerators or compression devices
- Saves labor cost by automating data replication tasks using an intuitive management console
- AS Application Server or NFS exports are available, databases are mounted and available, and clients are able to connect
Monitoring the Entire SAP Environment
SIOS software actively monitors: servers, operating systems, SAP Primary Application Server (PAS) Instance, ABAP SAP Central Service (ASCS) instance, back-end databases (Oracle, DB2, MaxDB, MySQL and PostgresSQL), the SAP Central Services Instance (SCS), volumes or file systems, file shares or NFS mounts, IP and virtual IP, Enqueue and message servers, and Logical Volumes (LVM).
SIOS LifeKeeper software to build a traditional SAN-based cluster or a SANless cluster by synchronizing local storage on the active SAP Server node (or cloud instance) with. local storage on a standby node using real-time, block-level replication. Replication can operate in either synchronous or asynchronous mode. SANless clusters can be used to support high availability operations in cloud environments.
In the event of a failure on the active cluster node, SIOS software moves SAP and/or S/4HANA operation to the standby node. SIOS software lets you configure standby servers that are either local or remote over a LAN or WAN. Real-time storage replication ensures immediate recovery from a local system failure and allows you to create multiple real-time copies through one-to-many replication.
SIOS LifeKeeper can also stop and restart the application both locally and on another cluster server at either the same site or at another geographic location. When the SIOS software detects a problem, it automatically initiates one of three configurable recovery actions that will maximize uptime and protection for applications and data: it may attempt a restart on the same server; switchover to a standby server; or alert a system administrator. It performs both local recovery or complete failover quickly and easily.
The Industry’s Most Comprehensive Disaster Protection for SAP HANA
SIOS software makes disaster recovery testing easy by allowing administrators to move SAP and/or HANA to the DR site for testing and to move it back to the primary site when testing is done. It also lets you leave SAP in service in the primary site while completing DR testing with no impact to your production network by unlocking the target data, bringing it into service on the backup system to verify recovery.
SIOS LifeKeeper for Linux with HANA Multitarget feature provides automated high availability and disaster recovery (HA/DR) protection for HANA databases. It allows you to extend a traditional two-node failover cluster to include additional nodes in DR location(s) without the need for complex scripting or cumbersome administration tasks. Learn more here
Consistent HA Protection for Windows and Linux
SIOS gives you the flexibility to run SAP on a combination of Windows and Linux environments while maintaining consistent high availability protection. For example, SIOS LifeKeeper for Linux to protect SAP application and pair it with SIOS DataKeeper software to protect SAP services in a Windows environment.
Low Total Cost of Ownership
SIOS engaged an independent organization with many years of experience in deploying, supporting, and designing high availability (HA) solutions for SAP S4/HANA to compare SIOS LifeKeeper for Linux with SUSE HAE in a side-by-side test. Testing revealed that SIOS clusters could be implemented five times faster (less than 2 hours for SIOS vs 12 Hours for HAE). Annual maintenance was also faster for SIOS,
SIOS Delivers Significant Savings
Example: A small sized SAP implementation with three production systems with equivalent test environments that are clustered for a total of six clusters could save 18 business days with SIOS. Here’s how:
SIOS saves two days per cluster of implementation time and one day per cluster per year on testing/maintenance and significantly reduce implementation risk.
|6 clusters X 2 days implementation
|+ 6 clusters X 1 day per year testing/maintenance
|6 days (annually)
|Save 18 Days of IT Time