SAP-Certified High Availability for SAP and S/4HANA in Physical, Virtual or Cloud Environments
SIOS Protection Suite for Linux provides intelligent HA protection for mission-critical SAP S/4HANA environments – on-premises or in the cloud – without the need for specialized skills or the risk inherent in complex, manual scripting. Application-aware availability ensures cluster failover automatically adheres to SAP and S/4HANA best practices for successful continued operation.
System cloning capabilities enable easy deployment of SIOS clusters to protect any application using consistent, predefined settings and integrated best practices.
SIOS Protection Suite for Linux:
- Out-of-the-box high availability for SAP HANA – Meet SLAs for >99.99% availability without specialized expertise
- Wizard-driven, highly automated configuration and management removes time-consuming, error-prone manual steps
- Validation of user input ensures error-free configuration and management settings
- Application recovery kits provide deep monitoring of SAP S/4HANA services and operation
- CLI cloning (import/export configuration) enables configuration, and operation of new systems with predefined settings and integrated best practices.
Unlike traditional SAP clustering software that only checks that the server is operational, SIOS software verifies that SAP and/or S/4HANA is running and provides superior protection:
- Protect your entire SAP stack with high availability clustering, continuous data replication, and disaster recovery functionality
- Supports both JAVA and ABAP versions of SAP servers running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, and other Linux OS environments and accommodates a wide range of storage architectures.
- Compatible with your local SSD storage to for high performance for a fraction of the cost of traditional clusters
- Efficient replication engine minimizes network traffic—without hardware accelerators or compression devices
- Saves labor cost by automating data replication tasks using an intuitive management console
- AS Application Server or NFS exports are available, databases are mounted and available, and clients are able to connect.
SIOS software actively monitors: servers, operating systems, SAP Primary Application Server (PAS) Instance, ABAP SAP Central Service (ASCS) Instance, back-end databases (Oracle, DB2, MaxDB, MySQL and PostgreSQL), the SAP Central Services Instance (SCS), volumes or file systems, file shares or NFS mounts, IP and virtual IP, Enqueue and message servers, and Logical Volumes (LVM).
SIOS Protection Suite™ for Linux software to build a traditional SAN-based cluster or a SANless cluster by synchronizing local storage on the active SAP Server node (or cloud instance) with local storage on a standby node using real-time, block-level replication. Replication can operate in either synchronous or asynchronous mode. SANless clusters can be used to support high availability operations in cloud environments.
As part of the SAP-certified SIOS Protection Suite, SIOS provides a set of extensions called ARKS that have hooks directly into applications. Watch the SAP HANA ARK demo here.
In the event of a failure on the active cluster node, SIOS software moves SAP and/or S/4HANA operation to the standby node. SIOS software lets you configure standby servers that are either local or remote over a LAN or WAN. Real-time storage replication ensures immediate recovery from a local system failure and allows you to create multiple real-time copies through one-to-many replication.
SIOS LifeKeeper can also stop and restart the application both locally and on another cluster server at either the same site or at another geographic location. When the SIOS software detects a problem, it automatically initiates one of three configurable recovery actions that will maximize uptime and protection for applications and data: it may attempt a restart on the same server; switchover to a standby server; or alert a system administrator. It performs both local recovery or complete failover quickly and easily.
SAP and S/4HANA Disaster Recovery
The SIOS software makes disaster recovery testing easy by allowing administrators to move SAP and/or S/4HANA to the DR site for testing and to move it back to the primary site when testing is done. It also lets you leave SAP in service in the primary site while completing DR testing with no impact to your production network by unlocking the target data, bringing it into service on the backup system to verify recovery.
Read the Microsoft Guidance Doc:
Read a recent SAP high availability case study: