In this video, our VP of Global Sales and Marketing Margaret Hoagland introduces the HANA Multitarget feature in our latest release of SIOS LifeKeeper for Linux.
Key highlights of this video interview:
SIOS LifeKeeper for Linux is a high availability clustering software that protects critical applications such as SAP, S/4HANA, SQL Server, and Oracle from downtime and disasters. It works by detecting any kind of a failure on the primary node. In the event of a failure, it moves operations to a secondary node where it can continue.
It supports major Linux distributions such as SUSE, Red Hat, Oracle, and Rocky. Customers can standardize their high availability environment and have the same experience regardless of the operating system.
New features and capabilities in SIOS LifeKeeper for Linux v9.7, include HANA Multitarget:
- It automates the process of failing over to a secondary node plus replicating to a third or even a fourth node for disaster recovery.
- The secondary node will assume full ownership of the primary node status.
- It allows customers to have the third node in a geographically separated location.
- It eliminates the complexity and the manual scripting, which can be quite cumbersome.
- It uses HANA system replication, so it’s in alignment with SAP best practices.
This feature came directly from customer feedback. SIOS customers have large SAP environments with big HANA databases and complex disaster recovery requirements.
This is a straightforward upgrade process, no caveats. If the customer is extending to a disaster recovery location, they need to consult the SIOS documentation for instructions.