Date: December 10, 2019
Celebration hosted at the Columbia Museum of Art
SAN MATEO, CA and COLUMBIA, SC – December 10, 2019 – SIOS Technology Corp., an industry pioneer in providing IT Resilience through intelligent application availability, today marked its 20th anniversary since its founding. SIOS high availability and disaster recovery solutions have become the gold star standard for preventing data loss for critical Windows and Linux applications like SQL Server, SAP HANA, and Oracle across cloud, hybrid cloud, and datacenter. Employees, customers, partners and associates of SIOS gathered today at the Columbia Museum of Art to celebrate its history and kick-off future innovation. Columbia is the headquarters of SIOS’ US R&D facility.
“The past 20 years have been amazing for SIOS, but I truly believe this is only the beginning and the best is yet to come,” said Nobuo Kita, chairman, president and CEO, SIOS Technology. “Our dedication to achieving results, satisfying customers and creating an employee-empowered company are at the heart of our culture. I am very proud of what we have collectively accomplished to date and know we are uniquely positioned to be a company built to last and built to lead through the next 20 years, and beyond.”
History of SIOS Technology:
- SIOS Technology was founded in December 1999 as SteelEye Technology, a spin-off project from NCR that created the LifeKeeper high availability clustering solution and began targeting the fledgling Linux server community with the product in January 2000.
- At the time, Microsoft Windows, UNIX, and mainframe OSs were the mainstream OSs, and Linux was considered a variant for hobbyists, with few people taking it seriously for business use. Nevertheless, the company saw the great potential in Linux to go beyond the hobbyist community and into the mainstream business community, and set out to promote Linux in a variety of business applications. Today, Linux has become one of the most widely used OSs in the world.
- In 2003, the company introduced LifeKeeper for Windows 2003.
- In 2006, SIOS Technology Inc., based in Tokyo, Japan, acquired SteelEye Technology and created SIOS Technology Corp. when it globally expanded its business of assisting large enterprises in adopting open, cloud computing technology.
- In 2008, the company launched its SIOS DataKeeper data replication solution.
- SIOS has received many industry recognitions for its innovations including a cloud excellence award by Cloud Computing Magazine, an InfoTech Spotlight Data Center Excellence Award, and Best in Biz International awards.
“This is an unusual time because it seems that things in our world are changing fast. However, in reality times are always changing fast and the sky is not the limit anymore, literally. Rather, the sky (cloud) is the launching pad to even greater heights,” continued Nobuo Kita. “As we celebrate our 20th anniversary, we are committed more than ever before to advance the resilience of applications that hold our customer’s most important assets – their data.”
About SIOS Technology Corp.
SIOS Technology Corp. high availability and disaster recovery solutions ensure availability and eliminate data loss for critical Windows and Linux applications operating across physical, virtual, cloud, and hybrid cloud environments. SIOS clustering software is essential for any IT infrastructure with applications requiring a high degree of resiliency, ensuring uptime without sacrificing performance or data – protecting businesses from local failures and regional outages, planned and unplanned. Founded in 1999, SIOS Technology Corp. (https://us.sios.com) is headquartered in San Mateo, California, with offices worldwide.
SIOS, SIOS Technology, SIOS DataKeeper, SIOS Protection Suite, Clusters Your Way, and associated logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of SIOS Technology Corp. and/or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Winkowski Public Relations, LLC for SIOS