Date: October 27, 2020
Can your organization withstand any system downtime, network or application failures? What if seconds of application downtime meant the difference between life or death? When you factor in the complexity and uncertainty of running your applications in the cloud you need to consider your availability strategy. There are benefits of running SQL Server application workloads in Azure including cost savings, performance and availability.
Join this webinar to hear how the creators of a life-saving data exchange hub for emergency responders found an easy, cost-saving way to deliver high availability protection in Azure.
Dave Bermingham, SIOS Technical Evangelist welcomes Chris Wiseman, president, Emerging Digital Concepts (EDC) to discuss lessons learned that apply to any critical SQL application, as well as:
- The challenges faced in search of a SQL Server high availability solution that would work in both their on-premises and Azure environments
- Cost-saving solutions they implemented to protect the projects’ mission-critical CAD2CAD system on SQL Server in Azure
- The ways their HA solution reduces downtime for planned maintenance
- How EDC collaborated with the National Capital Region (NCR) – a cooperative organization of cities and counties in the Metro Washington, DC area to create the groundbreaking Data Exchange Hub (DEH) – a data exchange and functional interoperability platform for computer-aided dispatch (CAD) systems used by fire, EMS, police and other emergency services agencies.
- How the system performs under pressure when 3 large fires break out on the same day
Tuesday, October 27
10:00 AM PDT | 1:00:00 PM EDT | 5:00:00 PM UTC