Date: May 27, 2020Reading Time: 2 minutes
We all need to buy insurance – for our cars, our houses, our lives. Nobody likes to pay money for a service that we hope we never have to use, but we all know that we should have it just in case. Most people either put off insurance until something awful happens, buy the cheapest, or actually do their homework and buy it from someone they trust. This last group usually fares the best.
High Availability Software is Insurance Against Downtime
Insurance is often for consumers, but it’s critical to businesses too. You have computer systems and applications that run your business. If they fail for some reason, you want your business to continue to run or it could cost millions of dollars in lost business through lost transactions and customer data, and irreparable damage to your reputation with your customers. High availability software is your “insurance” against system downtime. This is not something you can ignore. This is not something you can trust that will come along with your hardware or software infrastructure. You want to use high availability solutions from a company that has decades of expertise in high availability and knows how to keep your systems up and running.
A trusted high availability software company should:
- Provide a single solution that is platform agnostic – usable on-prem, in the cloud, and on all of your hardware and software platforms
- Have a product that is easy to configure and set up without having considerable application expertise
- Know your applications and when your applications are having a problem
- Take the proper action to attempt to restart or failover applications
- Fail over the application to a secondary server, maintaining application best practices, and bringing the application back up in the proper order
One of the key applications used in enterprises today is SAP S/4HANA, based on the HANA in-memory database. Most SAP customers will be required to run the HANA database with SAP by 2025. You want to find an intelligent HANA availability solution from a company that knows high availability, that knows SAP, knows HANA, and knows what to do to ensure that your critical SAP applications, and your business, continue to run smoothly.
SIOS Technology is the company you can trust. The 9.5 release of the LifeKeeper for Linux product contains a new HANA Application Recovery Kit, which will provide you with all you need to keep your SAP and HANA environment running. Want more information about this release? Watch this interview.