Unlike traditional shared-storage clusters, SIOS SANless clusters use local storage for every cluster node. SIOS software keeps the storage in all nodes synchronized using real time (synchronous or asynchronous) block level replication within a data center, or across geographic areas and/or cloud availability zones. SANless clusters give you the flexibility to protect a single-site, multi-site, cloud, or a mixed environment. In the event of a failover, the standby server has immediate access to the most current data. No costly SAN hardware or complex administration. No costly vendor lock-in.
Why Build a SANLess Cluster?
- Cost Efficient: Build a SANless cluster using your choice of cost-efficient industry-standard hardware and software on the primary and standby machines.
- Eliminate risk: Eliminate SAN single point of failure.
- Performance: Use high performance Flash/SSD storage for faster application response time, high availability, and disaster recovery in a single solution.
- Flexibility: Protect Windows or Linux applications and data in any combination of physical, virtual, or cloud environments.
- Disaster protection: Replicate data to multiple geographically dispersed locations for protection from site-wide, local, and regional disasters.